Far Brook, like other independent schools, must raise funds every year to help meet operating costs, since tuition alone never covers the full cost of an independent school education. To help meet costs, Far Brook depends upon contributions by current families, alumni, grandparents, family foundations, businesses, and friends. These gifts are given mainly through an Annual Fund.
The support given through the Annual Fund provides resources necessary to achieve the School’s purpose:
"To create a supportive and caring community that cherishes love of learning, creativity, and individuality, and that provides teachers and students with both support and freedom to take risks in order to reach their full potential."
Among the many reasons to support the Annual Fund, these facts are significant:
- Far Brook School relies on the Annual Fund for approximately 7% of its operating budget. That’s money that will be spent this year, for the students who are here now, not for future needs.
- The largest amount of Far Brook’s budget is spent on faculty and administration salaries, retirement contributions, and health benefits – 75% of total expenses.
All members of the Far Brook School community – present and past – are encouraged to give their best gift to the Annual Fund each year. Parents of current students are asked to consider a "Fair Share" gift of $1,650 per child.
In 2011-2012, many members of the Far Brook community made generous gifts to the Annual Fund. Here are some of the details.
- Gifts to the Annual Fund totaled over $506,750.
- Current parents contributed almost $250,000. *
- Alumni contributed almost $61,000 *
- Gifts ranged from $5 to $25,000.
- Business matching gifts totaled over $53,000.
- Close to 70% of Faculty and Administration participated in this year's Annual Fund.
*Including foundation and business matching gifts
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact the Development Office.