Far Brook’s Teaching Fellow Program
Posted: August 2021
Far Brook School is seeking a motivated, innovative, and collaborative aspiring teacher in our Early Childhood program, who supports the Lead Teacher with the development and execution of reading, writing, math, and social-emotional learning. A strong candidate will embrace Far Brook’s unique, progressive, multidisciplinary, and collaborative approach. Far Brook teachers contribute to a supportive and caring environment in which students learn and interact positively with one another.
Far Brook’s unique Teaching Fellow program is designed to help those that are new to teaching gain valuable experience and insight with the support and guidance of experienced teachers on classroom management, curriculum mapping, lesson planning, and best practices. Teaching Fellows begin their one or two-year commitment to the School in August with a week of orientation and planning before students arrive. Except for school vacations, each Fellow is expected to work full-time until the end of the school year. It is paid position with full benefits.
- Work in partnership with Lead Teacher to plan and design lessons and curriculum content for math, reading, writing, phonics, social studies, social-emotional learning, and racial literacy curriculum.
- Support students with their social-emotional development with a strong focus on health and wellness
- Work closely with Curriculum Coordinator to research, learn, and implement various academic and SEL programs
- Work closely with learning specialists to create and implement both learning support and enrichment activities
- Conducting informal and formal learning assessments to be responsive to an individualized approach for student growth
- Communicate with families about students’ learning through frequent updates, parent-teacher conferences, and student progress reports
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Interest in professional growth and schoolwide initiatives
- Some experience teaching students in grades K-5
- Interest in the development and implementation of social and emotional curriculum, as well as social justice, diversity, and inclusivity
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficient with technology
- Training in diversity practices
- Teaching with a distance learning model or working on a virtual platform
Please a send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Substitute School Nurse Position
Far Brook School seeks a substitute school nurse to work on a per diem basis. Candidates must possess a current NJ registered nurse license. Experience in a school environment preferred. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Nurse” in the subject line.
Far Brook is currently accepting resumes for substitute teaching positions in Grades Nursery through Eighth. We are looking for energetic individuals who work effectively as part of a team and who are passionate about teaching and children.
Candidates with experience teaching French, Music, and Art are also encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
FAR BROOK SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, ETHNIC OR NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, AGE, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC OR STATUS PROTECTED BY LAW.