Far Brook School – Database Manager and Development Coordinator
Must have Blackbaud or database experience to apply
Posted: January 2020
Far Brook School, currently in its 71st year, is a progressive, independent school of 225 students in grades N – 8, located on 9 ½ wooded acres in Short Hills, NJ. We are currently hiring for a Database Manager and Development Coordinator to join our Development office team. This position is full-time and central to the School’s ability to achieve fundraising goals for annual giving, capital campaigns, and other fundraising initiatives. The ideal candidate will manage the administrative operations of the Development office and have a proven track- record in gift processing and reporting using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge. Far Brook has recently completed a capital campaign raising over $8.5M. The Far Brook Fund raises close to $450,000 annually.
- Update and manage Raiser’s Edge database, process gifts, and create and produce
- Draft and produce acknowledgement letters as needed using mail merge
- Work directly with the Business office to reconcile finances
- Provide support for school and development events
- Manage mailings and printing projects
- Keep the master Development calendar
- Prepare reports for benchmark surveys such as NAIS and CAE
- Represent Development at scheduled Administration meetings with HOS and other departments
- Work with Administrative team on the preparation of the yearly School Handbook and Directory
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-3 years of independent school or non-profit experience preferred
- Strong computer skills with proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written skills including proofreading
- Must be flexible, have strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a sense of humor
- Confidentiality and discretion imperative
- Some evenings and occasional weekends required
Competitive salary based on experience.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute School Nurse Position
Far Brook School seeks a substitute school nurse to work on a per diem basis. Candidates must possess a current NJ registered nurse license. Experience in a school environment preferred. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Nurse” in the subject line.
Far Brook is currently accepting resumes for substitute teaching positions in Grades Nursery through Eighth. We are looking for energetic individuals who work effectively as part of a team and who are passionate about teaching and children.
Candidates with experience teaching French, Music, and Art are also encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAR BROOK SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, ETHNIC OR NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, AGE, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC OR STATUS PROTECTED BY LAW.