Summer Sounds at Far Brook
Instrumental Music Program
Add your instrument to our summer orchestral ensemble and get “tuned-up” for the fall! During the program, string, wind, brass, and percussion players will rehearse in both small and large groups and strengthen their individual and ensemble playing skills. Players will learn or review fundamentals of music composition and will collaborate and perform an original composition. Each day, there will be time to create art and enjoy outdoor exploration and play.
- August 31 – September 3
- Open to students who will be entering Grades 3-9 in the fall, with the following experience:
- strings – at least 2 years of study
- brass/woodwind/percussion – at least 1 year of study
- Limited space available. Registration is open to the public
- Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
- $400 per session
- Family and friends are welcome to attend a special performance Thursday at 2:00 PM
- Please print, complete, and submit these required forms:
- Cancellation and refund requests must be received by email and confirmed by the Program Coordinator by July 1, 2020 in order to receive a refund or class credit. Cancellations made after that date are not eligible for refunds or class credit.
- Pay by credit card or through TADS (for Far Brook families only)
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (973) 379-3442
Scroll down to fill out a separate form for each child you are registering.
Far Brook School
Director of Orchestra
Milan directs Far Brook’s Orchestra and teaches music theory and violin here. He has performed in the US and internationally and is an active professional solo, chamber, and orchestral violinist in the New York metropolitan area. Milan is also the string coordinator with the New Jersey Youth Symphony and maintains private teaching studios in New Providence and Summit.