FAR BROOK SCHOOL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS. WE DO NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, ETHNIC OR NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, AGE, GENDER IDENTITY AND EXPRESSION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, DISABILITY, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTICS OR STATUS PROTECTED BY LAW.
Now Accepting Inquiries for the Positions Below
Expand each to see the full job description.
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Suzanne Glatt, Director of Development, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: The Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Development, the Assistant Director of Development/Director of The Far Brook Fund, and other Development Team members with all activities related to the Development office. Primary responsibilities include working on The Far Brook Fund (the School’s annual giving program), assisting with the planning, creating, and delivering of all Fund appeals and related communications, contributing to Fund-adjacent event planning, and overseeing the acknowledgment/thank you process. Additionally, this role oversees the management of the fundraising databases, Raiser’s Edge and Classy, including all gift entries and monthly reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand, support, and execute the Far Brook School Statement of Purpose and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities Related to The Director of Development:
- Collaborate on written communications, proposals, presentations, monthly Board Reports, and other assignments as needed.
- Provide support with meetings and projects as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Related to The Far Brook Fund:
- Work with the Assistant Director of Development and Director of The Far Brook Fund on:
- Strategic development of and deployment of The Far Brook Fund, including collaborating on crafting creative collateral for the annual campaign and micro-campaigns such as Giving Day.
- Manage distribution of all Fund related printings, mailings, emails, and social media.
- Manage Development’s online giving campaigns and related collateral, giving forms, and pages via using the fundraising platform Classy.
- Oversee development and distribution of gift acknowledgment/thank yous, as well as monthly Far Brook Fund co-chair thank you calls and any other stewardship actions as needed.
- Distribute monthly revenue reports.
The Development Manager will:
- Manage Raiser’s Edge database:
- Process gifts and distribute reports
- Create and produce additional reports as needed for the Development team, Business team, and Head of School.
- Using analytics and metrics to benchmark, prepare reports for benchmark surveys such as NAIS and CASE.
- Prepare donor research and profiles for various one-on-one asks and build a major donor pipeline.
- Serves on School Social Media Team.
- Work directly with the Business office to reconcile finances on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in the management of fundraising events and support School events as needed.
- Other support as needed to help advance the mission of the School.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- two-three years of development experience – in an annual giving, major gifts, and/or campaign office, preferably in an independent school or university setting.
- Proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge (or other fundraising CRM software), Word, Excel, MailChimp, Canva, PowerPoint, and social media platforms, Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to adapt to new technology as required.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- A warm, engaging, and accessible style.
- High energy, a sense of humor, and a flexible team player
- Reports to the Assistant Director of Development
School Safety Coordinator
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position Summary: Far Brook school seeks a full-time School Safety Coordinator (SSC) responsible for the overall safety and security of the school community and campus. The SSC performs a variety of safety-related activities, including the supervision and monitoring of campus, and leads emergency management planning and implementation schoolwide.
- Understand and support the Far Brook School Statement of Purpose and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice
- Supervise, monitor, and patrol campus, buildings, and parking areas, including during occasional night-time or weekend school events.
- Establish and promote a safe environment and accident prevention by performing safety audits, employee training, and inspections and by maintaining open channels of communication.
- Oversee emergency response plans (evacuation, shelter in place, lockdown, medical emergencies, etc.) and coordinate with first responders.
- Control campus access and register visitors in the main office.
- Provide traffic and parking control to maintain efficient traffic flow and use of parking lots. Coordinate carpool schedule and distribute to faculty and staff.
- Coordinate and maintain the school’s security systems.
- Assist in developing the annual budget for school safety.
- Plan and direct staff training programs related to all areas of school safety based on needs assessment.
- Follow appropriate action to assist an injured or physically ill student or staff member.
- Participate in professional development opportunities, DEI workshops and relevant job-related training.
- Assist with bus loading and unloading of students when necessary.
- Support operations team with set-up and breakdown for events and other facilities-related assistance.
- Develop a positive rapport with students, parents, teachers, staff, alumni, and vendors.
- Respond quickly and calmly to emergency situations.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with the local community and first responders.
- Encourage a clean campus environment and unobstructed hallways and common areas.
- Model professionalism and nondiscriminatory practices in an educational environment.
- Hold in strict confidence all matters pertaining to the school.
- Perform additional or different duties to address business needs and changing business practices as determined by the Head of School.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Five years of relevant experience required. School-based experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in utilizing technology in the implementation of a comprehensive safety program, including commercial security, camera, and alarm systems.
- First Aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices
- Knowledge of Emergency Management systems
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Effective communication skills
- Creative and resourceful, with a strong work ethic
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to stand, walk, or drive on campus in various weather conditions; to climb stairs; to lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate-to-heavy amounts of weight.
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to Associate Director of Operations.
Position Summary: Far Brook School is seeking a motivated, innovative, and collaborative on-call substitute teacher to oversee instructional and classroom management processes when Far Brook faculty are absent. A strong candidate will embrace Far Brook’s unique progressive, multidisciplinary, and team-teaching approach. Far Brook teachers contribute to a supportive and caring environment in which students learn and interact positively with one another.
- Willing to be contacted the morning of placement, for coverage
- Must be able to work the full school day; 7:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Understand and support the Far Brook School Statement of Purpose and Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Social Justice.
- Quickly interpret lesson plans to effectively teach in the classroom.
- Hold students accountable during class time, transitions, lunch, recess, and other learning opportunities that may be assigned to the substitute teacher.
- Collaborate with other teachers to ensure a safe school environment for all students.
- Support the teacher by implementing the daily curriculum for the assigned grade level.
- Differentiate instruction to attend to the needs of individual children.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all students.
- Hold in strict confidence all matters pertaining to Far Brook School.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as outlined in the Family Handbook and Employee Handbook.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working with students in Lower School (Nursery 3 – Grade 3) and Upper School (Grades 4 – 8)
- Familiarity with GSuite for Education
- Training in diversity practices
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute School Nurse Position
Far Brook School seeks a substitute school nurse to work on a per diem basis. Candidates must possess a current NJ registered nurse license. Experience in a school environment preferred. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Nurse” in the subject line.