1. Attend an In-person Tour and/or a Virtual Open House
We can’t wait to show you around our campus and for you to get to know a little bit more about us! Click here to register.
2. Submit an Application
Click here to begin your application.
The admissions application deadline for the 2023-2024 school year is Friday, December 9, 2022. Applications will be accepted after that date on a rolling basis if space is available.
The $100 application fee will be waived if the application is submitted by November 11, 2022. After this date, application fee discounts are available for families who qualify. To request a fee discount after November 11, contact Emi Ithen, Director of Enrollment Management.
The tuition assistance application deadline for the 2023-2024 school year is January 27, 2023.
Far Brook’s birthday cutoff is September 1 of the year the child would be attending. By that date, applicants for Nursery 3s must be 3, applicants for Nursery 4s must be 4, and Kindergarten applicants must be 5. Nursery students must be toilet trained when they begin school.
3. Teacher Recommendations and School Records
Parents must send Far Brook’s teacher recommendation and transcript request forms through the application portal after their admissions application has been submitted. This is required for all grades with the exception of Nursery 3 or Nursery 4 applicants who have not yet attended school.
Applicants for Nursery 3s through Grade 1 submit one recommendation; applicants for Grades 2-7 submit two recommendations. Applicants for Grades 2-7 will also submit transcripts from their current school.
All required supporting documents (teacher recommendations, transcripts) must be submitted by January 20, 2023.
4. Applicant In-person Visit
All students visit Far Brook as part of the admissions process. The Admissions Office will contact you to schedule a visit or playgroup.
5. Applicant Virtual Testing
Once your application has been submitted, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule the required screening or testing appointments:
- Applicants for Kindergarten and Grade 1 will be contacted to schedule a (one-on-one) virtual developmental screening.
- Applicants for Grades 2 through 7 will be contacted to schedule a (one-on-one) virtual assessment with a Far Brook learning consultant.
- Applicants for Grades 5, 6, and 7 may additionally submit results from the SSAT or CTP IV, if taken within the last year.
6. Notification of Admissions Decision - By March 1
Families who have submitted completed applications by the deadlines will be notified of admissions decisions by March 1.
Director of Enrollment Management