1. Come for a Visit
The best ways to determine whether Far Brook is the right school for your child is to schedule a tour.
2. Submit an Application
Application fee discounts are available for families who qualify. To request a fee discount, contact Emi Ithen, Director of Enrollment Management.
Far Brook’s birthday cutoff is September 1 of the year the child would be attending. By that date, applicants for Nursery 3s must be 3, applicants for Nursery 4s must be 4, and Kindergarten applicants must be 5. Nursery students must be toilet trained when they begin school.
The admissions application deadline for the 2020-2021 school year is December 18, 2019. Applications will be accepted after that date on a rolling basis if space is available.
The deadline to apply for tuition assistance for the 2020-2021 school year is January 31, 2020.
3. Teacher Recommendations and School Records
Teacher recommendations are required for all grades with the exception of Nursery 3 or Nursery 4 applicants who have not yet attended school. Applicants for Nursery 3s through Grade 1 submit one recommendation; applicants for Grades 2-7 submit two recommendations. Applicants for Grades 2-7 will also submit transcripts from their current school.
4. Applicant Visit
Once an application has been submitted, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule a visit.
Applicants for Nursery 3s through Grade 1 will be invited to attend a group screening (playgroup) with other applicants. Playgroups typically take place on selected Saturdays in January and February.
Applicants for Grades 2 through 7 are invited to spend either a full or partial day at Far Brook in their current grade.
5. Applicant Testing
Once an application has been submitted, the Admissions Office will contact you to schedule the required screening or testing appointments:
- Applicants for Kindergarten and Grade 1 meet individually with a Far Brook learning consultant for a developmental screening, in addition to evaluation during playgroups/visits.
- Applicants for Grades 2 through 7 are tested individually by a Far Brook learning consultant.
- Applicants for Grades 5, 6, and 7 may additionally submit results from the SSAT or CTP IV, if taken within the last year.
6. Notification of Admissions Decision - Early March
Families who have submitted applications by the deadline will be notified of admissions status in early March.
Director of Enrollment Management